What is the Difference Between AC Argon Arc Welding Machine and DC Argon Arc Welding Machine?
05. 31, 2021
The difference between AC argon arc welding machine and DC argon arc welding
1. DC argon arc welding, that is, using argon as the shielding gas under the direct current positive connection method, with the help of the arc between the electrode and the weldment under certain requirements (welding current), heating and melting the base material, and adding the welding wire when the welding wire It also melts into the molten pool and cools the weld formed.
2. Pulse argon arc welding, in addition to the specifications of DC argon arc welding, it can also independently adjust the peak current, base current, pulse width, pulse period or frequency and other specifications. It has advantages compared with DC argon arc welding.
DC TIG Welding Machines
(1) Increase the aspect ratio of the weld, and increase the penetration width to 2:1 when welding stainless steel
(2) To prevent burn-through, in thin plate welding or thick plate bottom welding, the peak current passing time is used to weld the weldment through, and the base current is turned to the base current before the molten pool is obviously sinking, so that the metal is solidified. And there is a small current to maintain the arc until the next peak current cycle.
(3) Reduce the heat-affected zone. When welding heat-sensitive materials, reduce the pulse current passing time and the base current value, which can reduce the heat-affected zone to the minimum, so that the welding deformation is small.
(4) Increase the stirring effect of the molten pool. At the same average current value, the peak current value of the pulse current is larger than the constant current, so the arc force is large and the stirring effect is strong, which helps to reduce the possibility of pores and irregularities at the bottom of the joint. Fusion phenomenon. In low current welding, the larger pulse current peak current enhances the arc stiffness and eliminates the arc drift phenomenon.
Our company has DC TIG Welding Machines on sale, welcome to contact us.